- In transit to PWM: Sunrise-tinted field in Gorham, on the way to Portland, 4:40 in the morning.
- Before security: Guy with shaved head, loop earring and giant soul patch like Howie Mandel: ”Why would any man wear pink shorts?”
- Security: While many are actually quite delightful, Airport TSA Officer appears to be a career path of choice for some folks who feel profoundly unheard in every other arena.
- Preparing to board: I hope that everything goes well. This is not a crowd I would be comfortable enduring an emergency situation with.
- On the plane: 40-something woman to 60-something mother: “Do you have your Beats?” Mother: “No, I brought the Bose. They’re so old fashioned, though. With the Beats, you feel like you’re really there!”
- JFK: Safe arrival, greeted by “Maniac” blasting over the PA.
I have danced into the danger zone.