My favorite game to play at the fair is “Was what I just overheard a euphemism for sneaking away to smoke weed?”
Example: “The guy at the tilt-a-whirl wants to talk to you.”
(Definitely a euphemism for sneaking away to smoke weed.)
- “It’s my turn to clean the fryolator.”
- “Want me to pick you up a deep fried Oreo?”
- “Can you give me a hand sheering the sheep?”
Friends and readers made these suggestions:
- “Let’s talk to the man with the horse.”
- “You must be this high to enjoy this ride”
- “I think the pig races are about to start.”
- “Have you tried the pottoncandy?”
And the always classic, always straight up about smoking weed:
- “Safety meeting!”
With much appreciated input by Tony Halsey, Kevin Fahrman, Sean Wilkinson, An Anomai and Greta Rybus.
Click here for Fryeburg Fair meditations from years past.